Friday, February 11, 2011

VIDEO: "You and Me" - Ryan Star



Song:  "You and Me"
Artist:  Ryan Star

Music is such an important component in my life...it makes me happy; it keeps me sane.  Music is my therapy, so to speak.  So plan on seeing a lot of posts sharing some of my favorite music with all of you beautiful people.

Ryan Star's "You and Me" (a bonus track on his major label debut album, 11:59) gives me chills every time I hear it.  Watching this video from his CD release show at Irving Plaza in NYC last August brought tears to my eyes (and I can honestly say only two artists have ever made me teary-eyed because of a live performance - Paul McCartney and Ryan Star).  You can't help but be moved by the sheer emotion and passion he displays every time he performs.  It's unlike any artist I've ever had the pleasure of watching or hearing.  I remember listening to Ryan for the first time when I was a music writer back in 2003.  The song was "I Know Where You Are" and his band was Stage.  Ryan's music has stuck with me throughout the years and gotten me through some good and bad times.  I knew he was something special back then...so amazing to see how far he's come.  He'll be opening three dates for Bon Jovi next month.  Never had any doubts...ever.

Enjoy!

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment